Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dance off the Inches: Hip Hop Body Blast Review

Review: Dance off the Inches: Hip Hop Body Blast
Jennifer Galardi, 2011 

Jennifer leads this 42 minute workout w/ 2 backgrounders in a really cute set. The dvd includes a 21 minute learn the moves tutorial which really helps - I did it then the w/o and had no problems w/ the choreo (which is saying a lot as I have 2 left feet & cant dance). You wont need any equipment for this workout.

The w/o contains 3 separate routines ("to the club," "Groovin," and "Kick It Up") and Jen teaches a move, then adds on until you get a complete routine- while the routines are built add-on style I didnt find this overly TIFTy. Dance Moves include: strike, tap & sit, hip rolls, party arms, stomp, happy feet, hop scotch, bait & switch, wipers, shuffle, skat, chug, slap it, twist & tuck, etc. The workout assumes you have done the step guide- which like I said clearly taught the moves.

I rate this a high beginner workout in terms of cardio and intermediate in terms of choreo. I had no problem catching on after doing the tutorial. Jen cues wonderfully and does a great job of creating mini- routines, fun and great pace. No wasted time overly breaking down the moves during the workout, I like that the step guide is separate. Great energy & fun workout for days you just want to dance! If I were a fan of dance (at all) this would be a 5 star workout- fun & doable & love Jen! I received this dvd to review.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun!! I'm not sure I'm coordinated enough to look good but I'm willing enough to have fun hehehe.

    ReplyDelete

DISCLAIMER

This site has been created for entertainment purposes only. We are not medical doctors, trained nutritionists or certified personal trainers. We are not responsible for the use or intended use of any information provided on this site. Always check with a medical professional or trained nutritionist before making any changes to your diet, lifestyle or beginning any type of exercise program.

Hits since June 3rd, 2012