Saturday, March 17, 2012

Slow Cook and Slim Down!

I looove my slow cooker and when you are a busy lady (or guy) looking to lose weight, a slow cooker is the perfect solution to having a healthy meal ready when you need it.



With a little preparation ahead of time, you can have a home cooked meal ready for you when you get home from work or whatever else your busy schedule demands. No temptation to grab fast food on your way home, or snack until dinner is ready. It's ready when you are!

You can also eliminate most oils when using a slow cooker, saving you calories and fat.

Slow cookers are easy to clean, freeing up more time to do other things...like maybe fitting in that workout that you said you didn't have time for?

Slow cookers are also energy efficient and don't heat up your kitchen.

If you don't have a slow cooker, get one and it will become your best friend!

Check out Eating Well for low cal slow cooker recipes.

One of my favorite slow cooked meals: Chicken Fajitas. I prep my bell peppers, onions and chicken in big batches that I can divide up in freezer bags, each bag having everything I need for a batch of fajitas. Then when I'm ready, I grab a bag out of the freezer that's all ready with chicken, peppers and onions, dump it in the crock pot, add a packet of fajita seasoning mix with a little water and set it on low for 5-6 hours. Dinner's ready when we are hungry and since no oil was needed in the crock pot, I save myself some calories.
Do you have a favorite healthy slow cooked recipe? Please share!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER

This site has been created for entertainment purposes only. We are not medical doctors, trained nutritionists or certified personal trainers. We are not responsible for the use or intended use of any information provided on this site. Always check with a medical professional or trained nutritionist before making any changes to your diet, lifestyle or beginning any type of exercise program.

Hits since June 3rd, 2012