Here is a recipe that is a kid pleaser as well as delicious for mom:
Fun Finger Pizza Rollers:
- 2 - 8 inch whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons low sodium tomato sauce
- 1/4 tspn dried oregano
- 24 baby spinach leaves
- 6 tablespoons shredded skim mozzarella
Prep: (time 3 minutes)
- Lay tortillas flat on cookie sheet or toaster over rack (line with tin foil to save on cleaning time). Cover with tomato sauce, sprinkle with oregano, place a layer of spinach leaves and top with mozzarella.
- Place in 350 degree oven or toaster oven set on medium for 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. (tip: roll up mini pizzas while still warm so cheese will stick) Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing into one inch mini rolls.
217 calories; 7 g of fat; 2 g sat. fat; 1 g mono; 14 mg Cholesterol; 26 g carbohydrates; 10 g Protein; 3 g Fiber; 427 mg Sodium; 18 mg Potassium
Make this recipe ahead of time and pack for a quick, on the go, healthy lunch. The rollers are great warm or refrigerated. I prefer to pack with a side of carrot sticks to round out the meal. The kids will love it!!
Inspiration and photos for this recipe were taken from EatingWell.com