Sunday, January 16, 2011

Always Be Prepared!~

Every time I trying to lose weight I find I am 100 times more likely to succeed when I am prepared.

For me, it helps to get my week planned out on Sundays. Usually I will cook up a batch of chicken tacos - ground the chicken in our food processor and cook with home-made (aka sugar free) taco seasoning. This lasts in the fridge all week - and seriously comes in handy when I don't "feel" like cooking. This way I am still eating something healthy but quick.

I will also portion out snacks for the week. Washing, cutting, and bagging some carrots, cucumbers and celery. I also portion out almonds and peanuts into snack baggies. Each morning it is super quick for me to grab a bag of veggies, nuts and a banana and I am out the door. One day of prep makes my life easier during the rest of the week - and excuse free.

It also helps for me to make weekly fitness goals. I can post a weekly calender on the fridge (like the one found here) and fill in my goals. I write things like "20 push-ups" and "3 x 15 sit-ups"... seeing my goals and 'scheduling' them help me stick to the plan.

So... How do you guys prepare for weight-loss?!?

3 comments:

  1. Great tips!!!
    I think my problem is the lack of preparation and just blinding running into it! If I don't write out a list/plan most times it's a complete bust and I end up back at square one.

    I start school (for the first time in 8 years!!!) tomorrow and I can easily picture being out of the house daily at lunch time can be a major problem, so, my friend, I shall be swiping this idea of on the go snacks and saving myself from the lure of McDonalds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! I prepare all my meals for the week on Sunday and stick them all in containers in the fridge. Keeps me from being in a pinch & ending up in the drivethrough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about preparing ahead too. Just like Lindsey I cook my whole week's worth of meals on Sunday so there are no excuses. I also cut up fruit each night for the next day. I always carry almonds with me for emergencies. This has been working for me for years and I've kept the weight off.

    ReplyDelete

DISCLAIMER

This site has been created for entertainment purposes only. We are not medical doctors, trained nutritionists or certified personal trainers. We are not responsible for the use or intended use of any information provided on this site. Always check with a medical professional or trained nutritionist before making any changes to your diet, lifestyle or beginning any type of exercise program.

Hits since June 3rd, 2012